Friday 17 October 2014

My Images of SEE – 11:43, Sunday 21st August

After my rest, and once the flare had gone off to indicate the end of fasting, I went out. I intended to have a drink first, and located “City Pub” on the map. I walked down, through the busy old town, past the Bezistan and on to an adjacent street. In front of a posh hotel was City Pub. Quiet outside, I decided to venture in. Unsure whether to treat it like a normal pub, I sat down and decided I wanted a beer. But no-one came. So I walked halfway to the bar, when a guy came over and took my order. I had a nice pint of Sarajevsko Pivo (local lager) and watched football. Upon finishing, I ordered another. At this point a large crowd came in. A planned beer tour I presumed. I though I heard Engligh spoken by a couple of girls, I frequently looked over to read their lips, as the music was loud. I got my book out so as to indicate I was English.


I then moved on to my third pint and no contact was made, so I went over and asked if they were British. They said no. However, they were Australian and New Zealanders. So they said to join them. For an hour and a half I joined in their conversations. They were on a bus tour. So I had gossip from the bus, a history of where they were from and what they do, and I talked about my travels. By about 22:45 they were making plans to head off, so I paid my bill and left. It was great to talk to English speakers. They also have been living in London the last 6 years.

A lot of food placed were closed now, but I managed to get to one place. I asked for a menu, but the guy simply said “Meat or cheese”. I said meat. He brought over what was essentially 3 12 inch sausage rolls. And good they were too. I left and got the obligatory ice cream on the way back to the hotel.


I slept, a little disturbed by the 4 pints I consumed, until 09:25. I sprung up to get breakfast. Feeling tender, I decided to have it inside as the sun was out on form. I read the news on my phone too. I returned to my room and relaxed for an hour before getting ready to go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment