Tuesday 17 February 2015

My Images of SEE – 09:53, Tuesday 23rd August

After refreshing, I then left for dinner. As soon as I stepped outside, the firework went off over my head. The cafés and restaurants will be packed. I, again, wondered around the old town for a place to eat. I eventually went to a place called ‘To be, to be’ – a take on ‘To be, or not to be’, only the ‘not’ was scribbled out for use as a slogan during the siege. It was an intimate place, and I sat upstairs with a group of 5 who were next to the window.

I ordered a beer and chicken risotto. I read while it was being prepared. When it arrived, I tucked in and was amazed. It was lovely. It had mushrooms too, and I even ate some! I devoured it whilst reading. I then left the 5 to it, and went down to pay. Only 17KM, bargain. I noticed that the kitchen was tiny, and home cooking obviously reigned here. I then walked to the Austro-Hungarian quarter, to a street that was lined completely with chairs, tables and umbrellas. It was busy with people on a night out – music in the background and football on the TV. I just relaxed with a pint. Afterwards, I grabbed and ice cream in the old town and returned to bed.

A better nights sleep, led to an earlier rise. So I went for breakfast armed with 10KM and my washing. The girl on reception suggested an Ottoman house to view, 5 minutes away. I said I would take a peek. I gave her the washing for the cleaner to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment