Tuesday 17 February 2015

My Images of SEE – 19:10, Tuesday 23rd August

I quickly got ready and made my way out. I walked into the old town and had a coffee in one of the small cafes and read. I then made my return journey, in the shade, towards the Parliament building, and to the museum. Luckily it was open, so I went in. There were three sections, so I began with the Archaeology part. It had a lovely collection, which started with exhibits from outside BiH, but then moved on to it. I then explored the Botanical Gardens then on to the Ethnographic part. Here, they had an exhibit on 20th century children’s toys. That was a bit modern and seemed slightly out of place. I then moved into another odd exhibition about ‘Love’ – more specifically about tokens for love. I then went upstairs where they recreated 19th century Ottoman homes – parts of which were from an original home.


I then walked back through the gardens, located in a courtyard, surrounded by the museum. I went to the small Natural History museum that wasn’t worth seeing. I sat in the gardens for a while, to rehydrate, then left. I walked back into town then, and sat at a café next to the water spring. After that I wondered around and managed to find a couple of leather/cord bracelets for me and Liam, so I bought those. I then went to the hotel to see where this Ottoman house was. I located it on a map and walked up the narrow lanes, up a hill, to it. Within 10 minutes I was there, but it was shut. So I returned to the old town and grabbed a nice, white coconut cake and coffee. I then meandered my way around again, and led myself back to my hotel to relax. I did a bit of preliminary packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment