Tuesday 25 August 2015

My Images of SEE – 10:17, Saturday 27th August

I ventured out then to go for tea. I walked along a straight road with houses to one side and railway to the other, towards Tivoli Park. I then turned right, under the road and rail lines to the city street going in the direction to the river. Again, architecturally there was obvious Austro-Hungarian establishment here. The shade of the buildings was a welcome rest from the burning sun.


As I walked along, cutting across was a main street, so I crossed that, then the road fell slowly to a small quaint square. Opposite the river there were two rows of houses going away from me, then a wall of trees. A few hundred feet up a steep hill they climbed, where crowned upon it was the castle. Flag fluttering and all.


The river was only small and had cute bridges uniting the two sides. I stopped here for a beer and to take in the views whilst reading. After this, and witnessing a brolly fall from an opposite café down to the riverside, I walked along the side of the river. It was littered with cafes, bars and small traders selling crafts and jewellery  I bought a leather wristband for myself. One thing to notice are the wasps. Bloody everywhere. So I was dancing around, when either sitting for walking, to avoid them.


A live band was setting up near one restaurant, so I plonked myself down (away from flowers and thus wasps) and ordered pasta and a beer. They were mostly sound checking whilst I was there but sung a song as I departed. I then walked up hill to the main road, then under another passage to avoid the main road, then came back to the hostel.

I grabbed some snacks, read, and facetimed mum before drifting off to sleep. I only woke up a couple of times, not being used to a single bed I kneed the wall twice.  I awoke slowly and showered and changed ready to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment