Sunday 20 September 2015

My Images of SEE – 13:20, Sunday 28th August

After watching videos on my phone I drifted off to sleep. I awoke at 07:30 but managed to drift back off until 09:30. I woke up slowly then showered. Before I left I asked the girl on reception if I could book a ride to the airport for 14:00 tomorrow. She did so, and said to pay the driver the €8 tomorrow. I then trekked down to the Tivoli gardens again, and right, into the centre. On the main pedestrianised street there was a café with seats outside. So I perched in a corner and had a cappuccino and chocolate croissant to wake me up. I read a little whilst there. Today the weather was overcast and cool in comparison to the last three weeks. Actually today is exactly three weeks since I arrived. Anyway the milder weather with a gentle breeze was very much appreciated. I walked down to the square, shadowed by the castle. I noticed a commotion on the bridge, and there was some sort of boat with singers on it, performing for the crowds on the riverbank.


I walked past the vacant market place, away from the town. I passed a couple of bridges until the housing became a lot less tidy and the streets quieter. I turned left over a bridge, then left, then right on to a pedestrianised street. I walked north then, through a park to the Ethnographic Museum.

A lovely new building and it was free on the last Sunday of the month. Score. Also they gave me a locker key for my bag. Very handy. The first part was about Italian coffee/espresso machines. Bizarre but interesting. The second was about a South American tribe. Very thorough and educational. The third was an identity bit. Very abstract and all in Slovene. The final part was Slovenia’s ethnography. A wide selection of materials and exhibits made it a worthwhile visit. I retreated then to the café outside for a coffee and toastie.

No comments:

Post a Comment