Wednesday 2 December 2015

My Images of SEE – 21:07, Monday 29th August

I stayed in and watched more documentaries and read, drinking the spare tinny I had from last night. I soon drifted off past 22:00. In the morning, I again got up slowly. I watched the last episode of the West Wing, then got a shower. I watched another documentary before packing. I practically unpacked then repacked so I could fit all of my new additions. Surprisingly, it still only weighed 17kg! I did dispose of a bit though.

I went downstairs to see if there was storage for my rucksack until 14:00 for my taxi. No, she said sternly, as she would be out. So I had to hang out in the kitchen from 11:15 until 13:45. I watched a woman clean, tried to sit outside but got disturbed by a wasp so retreated in, then watched two guys cook. I just read and played on my iphone. I went down and the woman was only just leaving! Charming. So I waited five minutes and a guy turned up with a minibus. I confirmed the €8 charge and we departed. He drove me there in 20 minutes. The mountains were looming closer and were more foreboding. How were we to fly out with these things? Anyway, he was a middle-aged Romanian, an academic, doing this to see Slovenia for a few years. We chatted about general Balkan history. He dropped me off and bid me farewell.

I wondered around the small terminal a while, buying sweets for the nieces and nephew, then waited for the Easyjet gate to open. When it did, I checked in and then went through security. Standard stuffreally.

I grabbed a sandwich and cake, and read for an hour. One group of rowdy lads were in the corner. I went up to the gate and sat and waited as a few boarded. Then I queued and went to the gate then got a seat at the back as I prefer.

The flight was uneventful apart from the fact that I finished reading the Lord of the Rings. We came down into a grey UK where my journey to the Balkans came to an end…but not my train journey. I then got my bag and made necessary calls home and to Liam.


I made it to the underground station at Stanstead and got whisked to London in 45 minutes, and in style. I undergrounded it to Euston Square from Liverpool Street, and ate and rested until the 21:10 train indicated Platform 16. I got on and thus made my return journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment